Charlie Bucket is the titular main protagonist of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005). He finds the fifth Willy Wonka golden ticket and is the only child that isn’t rotten.
He’s portrayed by Freddie Highmore.
- Helen Bucket (mother)
- William Bucket (father)
- Grandpa Joe (maternal grandfather)
- Grandma Josephine (maternal grandmother)
- Grandpa George (paternal grandfather)
- Grandma Georgina (paternal grandmother)
- Willy Wonka (adoptive brother)
Throughout the whole movie, he lives in the Bucket household with his family. At the end, he moves into Willy Wonka's factory with a copy of it built inside.
Charlie has pale skin, brown hair and blue eyes. He‘s skinnier. He‘s taller than the 4 recipients, but shorter than his mom, dad and grandparents.
- Charlie was the only child who didn't get eliminated or had a song.
- Charlie was the only child who didn't leave the factory by the main gate.
- Charlie is the only child who isn't rotten.
- Charlie was the only child who brought a grandparent to accompany him on the tour, rather than a parent.
- He was the last child to find Willy Wonka's golden tickets.
- He’s the first child to have blue eyes, the second being Augustus Gloop, the third being Violet Beauregarde and the fourth being Veruca Salt.
- He’s the oldest child of the tour.
- He was born sometime during winter.
- In real life, his actor was born on Valentine's Day.
- “Candy doesn’t have to have a point, that’s why it’s candy.”
- ”I wouldn’t give up my family for anything. Not for all the chocolate in the world.”